Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Three Myths and Truth About Online Sales

I am not a veteran in online sales. I have been in operation since October 2009 and in that time, I learned a lot about entrepreneurship through the school wallop. When writing I sell four weeks ago and now has completed the sale of 60, return on sales, two sales are incomplete and inaccurate, and 100% positive feedback. I think I still have a lot to learn, but I think I have some knowledge of, and my experience has revealed some of the myths about the trip. I thought to share what I learned with readers.

Myth No. 1: If you build it, they will come.
When I opened my shop on Etsy in 2009, I attended a result nomplok fate of the original sale. After all it is Christmas time. It made me believe that customers need only to find her store and buy things. All you need to do is put there, and certainly someone who would buy it.

Not at all. And sell the land after three and a half months I stood long wait, which lasted four and a half months! Although you can get from the sale of major browser through Web sites such as Etsy, the reality is that people can use search engines like Yahoo or Google to find your business, and that means you have to target search engines.

This means that by using techniques such as search engine optimization. In other words, should not artsy titles and silly, be filled with keywords that people can find. The first part of the list must be completed descriptive words, not just language arts. We did not want to write another American novel to write more items in the library catalog cards.

Myth No. 2: You can sell anything online.
Sometimes I think it is a myth, but my personal experience has shown that it is possible to sell what people want. If you are unable to attract their desires and needs of the individual will not sell anything. This means that you understand your customers and give them what they want.

What they differ. You may have collectors who wish to complete a collection, specifically interested in the seal or mark. Others may simply find decorative red, sweet or salt and pepper, or something to give as a wedding gift. The best way to find out what people want is to use industry standards such as Google Analytics to find out what people want. Can reveal trends. Another way is to follow trends in magazines and on popular blogs.

Myth No. 3: SEO is required to sell on the Internet.
We return to this issue. We promote and publish their own, or the best SEO will not go too far. Just like in the shop, which opens in area with heavy traffic, you get a promise of movement, but without advertising, you will not be able to reach those who want to find your business. I do what I can improve my visibility to participate in the liberal media such as Facebook (where I am fan site), Department Artfire Flickr account, and two blogs. Also expressed on a blog that does not take finally running on my website. I started a Twitter account. It will not come today. Currently, the timing for best performance.

Well, I think that just yet. I want to hear what my readers think about the myths and the people who continue to kill. As the myth that big enough for you? How you can overcome and succeed? Comments section is open! I welcome the participation of readers, as usual.

Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati BlinkList StumbleUpon blogmarks Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment